25 Interview Questions to Ask Your Child
Interviewing your child can be quiet entertaining. This is a great activity to do when the weather isn’t good and you’re stuck indoors. Record their answers and date them, it’s a lot of fun to go back later and see their thoughts and replies. Not only can this be very entertaining but enlightening as well. It’s a great way to open the lines of communication with your child. It can help you understand who they are and where their interest and curiosities lie. As parents, we typically know a lot about their interest and curiosities but sometimes they’ll surprise you or throw in something new.
You can also pick a couple of these questions just to start dinner conversations or topics while driving in the car. Who knows where you will wind up once you get going!
- What’s your favorite food?
- What color do you like?
- What does Mommy always say?
- If you could go anywhere where would you choose?
- What’s your favorite tv show?
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite book?
- Who is your favorite book character?
- What time of year do you like best?
- What does Daddy always say?
- What is your favorite song?
- What is something that makes you happy?
- What is something that makes (Mommy or Daddy) happy?
- How do I make you laugh?
- What kind of work do I do?
- If you had 3 wishes what would they be?
- What makes you sad?
- How old are you?
- What are you really good at?
- Hold old is Mommy?
- How old is Daddy?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with your (brother or sister)?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- Tell me how you’d plan your best day ever.