The Magic Of The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Want to give your little one the royal treatment? While visiting Walt Disney World we made an appointment at Disney Springs Bibbidi Bobbiti Boutique. A few years ago we did the one at the Magic Kingdom park inside Cinderella’s Castle which was a great experience, although a little crowded.
What is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
Remember the Fairy Godmothers three magic words that transformed Cinderella from maid to beautiful princess? This is the Disney real-life version. At the Bibbidi Boppidi Boutique, your child gets their very own Fairy Godmother-in-training to give them a royal makeover. The Fairy Godmother doesn’t allow them to use scissors, so no worries there! Your child will choose a hairstyle, will get makeup, nail color and accessories.
Before you see the package prices, I want to mention something very important. You can do the base package (starts at $64.95) and bring your own princess dress. That’s what we did and there is absolutely no difference in the experience you receive. You still go to the dressing room and change as you would if you bought the dress. If this is a once in a lifetime trip you are creating I can understand wanting to do the max package. It’s a lot to put out though if it’s not a super special trip. You can even opt not to do a dress at all and just wear regular clothes. Let’s face it- It’s Florida…hot…and humid, so there’s no judging. Here are the package options.
Packages Offered at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
The cost can vary for your visit. There are various packages to choose from for every budget-
- The Crown Package($64.95 + tax) includes hairstyling, makeup with a face gem, nail polish, princess sash and cinch bag. Every package includes these items.
- The Courtyard Package($109.95 + tax) adds on a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt and tutu.
- The Castle Package(starting at $199.95 + tax) adds on a princess costume of your princess’ choosing and accessories (excluding shoes).
- The Deluxe Castle Package (starting at $229.95 plus tax) includes hairstyling, makeup with a face gem, princess necklace, sash, cinch sack and Deluxe Disney Princess gown of your choice (excluding shoes) … plus a coordinating boxed accessory set!
- The Princess Signature Dress Collection(starting at $450 + tax) features a princess gown made with heirloom-quality fabrics, a crystal tiara and organza garment bag.
- The Minnie Dot Package(starting at $124.95 plus tax) Unique Minnie Mouse hairstyling, Minnie dot dress and matching bow, Face gem, Princess cinch sack, Nail polish
- The Disney Frozen Crown Package(starting at 114.95 plus tax) Anna or Elsa hairstyling with braided hairpiece, sparkling snowflake hair accessories, shimmering makeup, face gem, Princess sash and cinch sash, nail polish, 12 Inch Olaf plush toy
- The Disney Frozen Package(starting at 164.95 plus tax) adds on Anna or Elsa dress to the Frozen Crown Package
- The Knight Package($19.95 + tax) includes hairstyling with gel and mighty sword and shield
- The Deluxe Knight Package($79.95 + tax) Knight costume, hairstyling with gel and mighty sword and shield
Our Experience at the Disney Springs Boutique
For our visit, I found this dress on Amazon, which worked perfectly for a “Belle” dress as well as the gold sparkly shoes. My son didn’t change clothes, he doesn’t really care for ‘costumes’ so we did the base knight package. He loved his sword and shield. At first, he was cranky because he had gotten up super early to drive down but the Fairy Godmother-in-training was an absolute pro and talked him right through it. “Do you like frogs?” she asked. He gave a smile and a mumbled “yeah.” She explained, “Well we use frog slime to put in your hair so that the dragon scales stick and then you’ll fool dragons into thinking you are one of them!” That was it, he was hooked. She told him it was helpful if he had to fight a dragon or if he wanted to train one.
You actually go into the dressing room regardless if you’ll be changing or not so the Fairy Godmother-in-training can show your child what they’ll do with their hair and then there’s a special visit from the Fairy Godmother herself (via the mirror).
Why You Should Consider The Disney Springs Location
While the Magic Kingdom location is definitely an experience that’s worth having, the Disney Springs location has much more room and since being renovated to have its own building it is equally as special as the Magic Kingdom location. Plus! You don’t need a theme park ticket. That means if you want to plan a fun day that is Disney involved you can do it without visiting the parks. There’s lots of shopping, things to look at, and even a movie theater on site at Disney Springs.
Things To Know Before You Go
Reserve Early – Reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance. You can make them by phone or online.
Time Required- 30 to 60 minutes depending on the package
Hair- Arrive with clean and brushed hair
Cancellation- A valid accepted credit card is required when booking. A $10 cancellation fee is applied for no-shows or if the reservation is canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment.
Ages- 3 to 12
Want more Disney Fun? Check out the post below!