Home with Kids- Creative Fun
Bring out the creativity and imagination to have some fun while spending time at home with the kids. Creativity stimulates the brain and promotes learning. It doesn’t require anything expensive or special to do and can not only entertain but create memories as well.
- Make a fort. Drape some sheets around the house and get out the flashlights. You can also have a fort building contest to see who can build the best one!
- Plant some seeds in the backyard and watch them grow. There are a lot of things you can grow from the food in your fridge, like potatoes and garlic.
- Make a band with kitchen pots, pans, and wooden spoons. Have kids pick they’re favorite song and try and re-create it on the pots and pans.
- Do you have a balloon? If you do, then you can play keep it up. Blow up the balloon and try to keep it in the air by bouncing it back and forth. Here’s another fun twist by adding pool noodles to your game of keep it up!
- Make a store with everything in your kitchen. Give your kids fake money (you can make some if you don’t have any) and have them buy the food from you. This will teach them how to add and show them how it works to pick things out and pay for it.
- Make a treasure hunt. Hide some treasure (it can be anything) and make some clues. Each clue leads to the next clue until they find the treasure. The Spruce has some clues for an indoor treasure hunt! Playtivities also have some printable cards with 10 clues for a treasure hunt!