Get Moving At Home
Looking for some ideas to help make it through this #stayathome time with the family? Here are some ideas to help have fun and get the kids up and moving around. They are all super easy and can be don’t require anything special. Sometimes we forget about the simple things in times like this when we are overwhelmed and frustrated.
It’s been proven that moving affects your mental health whether adult or child. It is fun to some days hang out and watch Netfilix or Disney + but we also have to remember the importance of moving and physical activity.
- Have a dance party! Put on some fun music and get moving. Make a playlist, add some glow sticks and have fun! You can even take it up a notch with a freeze dance party! You can also check out our Hulk Smash Dance Party
- Play a game of tag and get the whole family involved. It’s a fun way to get moving, get your heart rate up and wear kids out for bedtime that night!
- Hide and seek is a great way to move around and involve younger kids in learning to count.
- The floor is lava game. Start on one side of the house and try to get to the other side. You must jump from rug to rug and pillow to pillow without touching the floor. Imaginative play is so important for kids, even in non-pandemic circumstances.
- Relay race especially if you have a backyard. If you only have one child make an obstacle course for them. Mommy Poppins has a great indoor obstacle course option as well
Do you have any at home moving ideas?
Want more activities to do at home?
Check out these creative options!