Baby Showers can be fun and exciting, however they can also cause some anxiety over what to get. No worries! I’m here to help! From necessities to favorite books check out the list below for help finding your perfect baby shower gift ideas!
*This post includes affiliate partner links. This means that if you choose to make a purchase from the link then at no additional cost to you I may receive a small commission.*
My Top Baby Shower Gift Ideas!
All of these are tried and testing items as well as practical. Practical can be very important when it comes to things for Mom and Baby. While clothes are wonderful and amazing, many times new moms can be overwhelmed with the number of newborn clothes they receive, not to mention how many of those are not season-appropriate and won’t ever be worn.
- Diapers (various sizes)- There’s not a mom I know who wasn’t grateful for diapers. No, they aren’t flashy and shiny but oh so needed! Want to get creative with the diapers? Make a diaper cake! My favorite diapers are from Honest Diapers ! Amazon offers many choices though for Diapers including Huggies and Pampers !
- Sophie The Giraffe– Make fun of it if you want- but I’m telling you from experience babies love this thing. When I had my son the nurse at the hospital was sharing how Sophie is part of her staple baby shower gifts to people.
- aden + anais Swaddle Blankets– These blankets are light, breathable and great for swaddling! They get softer the more they are washed. They are also nice to help provide extra protection over a stroller or carrier. These are also useful even past the swaddling stages as light blankets for toddlers. My soon to be 6 year old uses it on car trips to cover her legs when she’s cold.
- Kinsa Smart Stick Digital Thermometer – Medical Thermometer with Fever & Health Tracking for Children and Adults– I LOVE this product! It’s so easy to use and helps me keep track with the kids are sick. Side note- make sure you actually read the directions with using the extension piece or else you’ll get mad and frustrated for an hour like I did when in fact if you read the directions it’s incredibly easy lol)
- Aquaphor – This stuff works wonders! It’s a multi-purpose ointment that can be used from chapped cheeks, scrapes/scratches, diaper rash and more.
- Books- It’s never too early to start a book collection for the new baby! Some of my favorite picks are- Goodnight Moon, The Wonderful Things You Will Be, Moo Baa La La La, A Book of Sleep, and I can’t forget The Book with No Pictures (which is great for when they’re around 2!)
- Nursery Care Kit– These always come in handy!
- Bibs– whether used when feeding or to protect baby’s clothes from drool they are always handy!
- Baby Wash- My favorite is California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Body Wash, Fragrance Free. For whatever reason Johnson & Johnson broke my kids out on their faces. The California Baby may seem expensive but it just takes a pump and the soap last a long time.
- Don’t forget Mommy! – A bag with items for mom to take to the hospital is a great gift and very useful. Travel size items of toothpaste, face wipes, small brush and hair ties, ect. make the trip to the hospital a little easier. This is a great option- Women’s Premium 19-piece Necessities Travel Kit.